What is Seborrhoeic Keratosis?
Seborrhoeic Keratosis has a rough, dry, crusty surface, and a range in colour from light brown to mid brown to almost black. Electrolysis is a safe, effective, quick and affordable method of treatment .
Seborrhoeic Keratosis or Senile Warts occur most often on the trunk of the body, but they are also common on the head and neck and can be individual or numerous. Cause is natural ageing, sun damage and hereditary reasons.
The tip of a small probe (about the size of an eyelash) with touch the skin. A small burst of heat and discomfort will be experienced as the Seborrhoeic Keratosis is treated.
Following your treatment you may experience:
- A slight reddening and/or swelling of the skin in the area treated.
- Warmth in the area that has been treated.
- The skin may feel itchy as the healing process takes place.
- A scab will form.
- It can take several weeks after the initial scab sloughs off before the fading and equalization of colour is complete and the final results are apparent. An exact match to the surrounding skin can never be guaranteed.
Following treatment ensure you follow the aftercare advice to avoid unwanted reactions or infections:
not touch the treated area and do not, under any circumstances remove the scabs
which will appear.
Apply aftercare product regularly, with fresh,
clean cotton wool, until the area has completely healed.
- Aftercare products recommended use is: Sterex
Witch Hazel Gel for 24-48 hours, followed by 28 days of the Sterex Aloe
Vera Gel. Apply twice a day or as often as required under usual day/night
cream. Apres Clear can be substituted for the Witch Hazel Gel and offers
additional anti bacterial properties.
- The treatment area can be washed or cleansed,
using a gentle soap free/perfume free cleanser. Gently pat the area dry to
avoid dislodging of any scabbing.
- Please keep out of UV light as much as possible. Cover up with hats or
Avoid swimming, saunas, steam rooms, facial
steaming, facial scrubs, waxing and other beauty treatments until the area
has completely healed.
Avoid using any possible skin sensitizers or
irritants such as perfumes, fake tan products or perfumed body lotions.
Should you have any concerns regarding your
treatment please contact the Clinic.