Electrolysis hair removal
Treatment and procedure
Electrolysis is a method of removing individual hairs from the face or body.
For successful and effective results, each individual hair requires repeated treatments. This is because each individual hair has its’ own growing cycle called Anagen, Catagen and Telogen.
Anagen is the ‘alive’ and growing stage, Catagen the ‘collapsing’ stage where the hair collapses away from its source of food and nourishment (the dermal papilla) and the Telogen stage where the hair is ‘tired’ and dying and disconnected completely from its dermal papilla. Successful treatment for electrolysis (and incidentally also laser and ipl) has to target the hair in Anagen to achieve optimum results as it is the destruction of the dermal papilla which is required. Therefore results are not immediate and take a little time… but electrolysis does work and it is permanent. A very fine probe is inserted directly into the hair follicle where the heat is then transmitted to the dermal papilla destroying the life supply to the hair, the hair is then removed with tweezers.
Treatment times will depend on the amount of hair to be removed and the area in which is being treated. However in most cases now we will only use electrolysis to clear blonde, white or red hairs on larger areas.
* Electrolysis offers Permanent Hair Removal
* Electrolysis is safe
* Electrolysis the perfect choice for small areas
* Part of the beauty of an Electrolysis treatment is that it can pick out random dark hairs, if required, leaving blonde fine hairs and a natural ‘downy hair’ look
* Electrolysis treats all hair colour types
* Electrolysis is suitable for all skin colours
* With Electrolysis the thickness or thinness of the hair is unimportant and both are treated equally effectively
* Electrolysis, with its pin point accuracy and ability of the current to be targeted at the base of the hair, increases efficiency
* With Electrolysis each individual hair can be easily pinpointed and 100% treated
* With Electrolysis there is no risk of scarring or pigmentation when performed correctly and the correct modality chosen
* Electrolysis requires licensing by local bylaw and environmental health registration
Used to treat
- Red Hair
- Blonde Hair
- White Hairs
Following your electrolysis treatment please ensure that you take the following precautions for the next 24 to 48 hours:
Avoid sunbathing or any other heat treatment (e.g. sunbed, sauna, steam bath).
Avoid hot baths or showers.
Avoid applying make-up to the treated area.
Avoid applying soap or perfumed products to the treated area.
Avoid touching the treated area and do not pick any scabs that may form.
Apply specially formulated Sterex soothing gel to the area regularly over the next 2 days or until healing has taken place.
Always apply cream/gel with cotton wool and not fingers.
Gently cleanse the area and pat dry with a clean towel or tissue.
Follow your electrologists recommendations for treatment.
Prices start from £30.00