Also known as
cobalamin, Vitamin B12 provides an essential vitamin that your body cannot
B12 is mainly found in various animal products. People who are
Vegetarian or Vegan, it is harder to obtain B12 so can benefit the most from Vitamin
How can Vitamin B12 injections benefit me?
injections can help enhance both physical & mental health as well as
Increases Energy Levels
- Boosts the Immune System
- Boosts metabolism
- Improves concentration and thinking
- Improve sleep patterns
- Supports Mental Well-being
- Encourages weight loss
- Reduces anxiety levels
- Lowers any risks associated with heart disease.
will I experience benefits?
Typically, you will
start to see a difference within 48 to 72 hours.
How many B12 injections will I need?
We would begin with one a week for 4 weeks and then go into maintenance
once your B12 levels have stabilized.
- This injection is provided to you for treatment
of conditions not related to Pernicious Anaemia. If you have been diagnosed
with Pernicious Anaemia (a condition wherein the body cannot absorb the B12
Vitamin from dairy products or other foods) you will be referred to your
primary care physician for treatment.
- Be aware that Aspirin, aspirin-containing
medications, fish oil, flax seed. High doses of vitamin A or E, Ginko Biloba or
garlic may cause undue bleeding which may result in bruising. If you wish to
minimize the risk of bleeding, be advised that we recommend you avoid these
substances for a minimum of 3 days prior to treatment.
- Eat a meal or light snack prior to treatment.
- Notify your Clinician if you have a need phobia
prior to treatment, this allows your Clinician to take appropriate precautions
to ensure your treatment is as comfortable as possible.
- Optimal results are achieved with clients who
continue treatments routinely.
It is normal for the injection site to burn for
just a few minutes immediately or shortly after the injection (although not
everyone experiences this). This will dissipate once the muscle is used and the
product diffuses into the muscle.
- Avoid alcohol for 48 hours after your treatment.
- Avoid strenuous exercise for 48 hours after your
- Avoid touching the injection site for 6 hours
after your treatment.
- You may experience a dull ache at the injections
site for around 1 hour after your treatment.
Avoid any blood thinning medication unless
necessary (Please consult your GP if needed)
- Expect some minimal swelling and bruising around
the injection site.
- To maintain the benefits of B12 vitamin
injections, we recommend a course of 3 injections to be taken weekly and then
once a mother thereafter.
- You do not need to take any vitamin B12
medication alongside this treatment.