What are Syringoma?
Syringoma are non contagious flesh coloured elevations of the skin. They are benign tumors of the eccrine seat glands and mainly appear under the eye. Other common locations for Syringoma are forehead, abdomen, cheeks and chest.
Electrolyisis is a safe, effective quick and affordable method of treatingSyringoma.
The cause of the lesion is not exactly known but may be hereditary. Syringoma usually develop on the skin type that has an oily complexion. Also commonly found on skins that are often in a moist, hot environment.
The tip of a small probe (about the sizeof an eyelash) is introduced superficially into the skin. A small stinging sensation may be experienced as the Syringoma is treated.
Following your treatment you may experience:
- Slight reddening and/or swelling of the skin in the area.
- Warmth in the area that has been treated.
- The area of the Syringoma may change, it may whiten or flatten before it reduces.
- The skin may feel itchy as the healing process takes place.
- A tiny scab may appear which will eventually fall away naturally.
Following treatment ensure you follow the aftercare advice to avoid unwanted reactions or infections:
- Do not touch the treated area and do not, under any circumstances remove any scabs that may appear.
- Apply aftercare lotion
regularly, with fresh, clean cotton wool, until the area has completely
recommended use is: Sterex Witch Hazel Gel for 24-48 hours, followed by 28
days of the Sterex Aloe Vera Gel. Apply twice a day or as often as
required under usual day/night cream. Apres Clear can be substituted for
the Witch Hazel Gel and offers additional anti bacterial properties.
The treatment area can be
washed or cleansed, using a gentle soap free/perfume free cleanser. Gently pat
the area dry.
- Please keep out of UV light as much as possible. Cover up with hats or
- Avoid swimming, saunas, steam rooms, facial steaming, facial scrubs,
waxing and other beauty treatments until the area has completely healed.
- Avoid using any possible skin sensitizers or irritants such as perfumes,
fake tan products or perfumed body lotions.
Should you have any concerns
regarding your treatment please contact the Clinic.